Wednesday, June 1, 2011

For the Love of Art

This blog is to celebrate all things artistic.  With summer vacation nearby (so close I can smell it) I want to spend a lot of time nurturing the love of art that my daughter's have.  They love to draw, color, cut things out and basically create really beautiful pieces of art.  I am sentimental but I also find this gift they both have quite amazing.

As a child - I didn't think I was artistic.  I couldn't (and still can't) draw well at all.  In sixth grade we were required to scult something with clay.  I tried to make a little rabbit.  I got a C due to effort because the blob I made certainly did not resemble a rabbit.  My brother, however; could draw any and every thing.  he is truly gifted.  For a long time I thought I had no artistic talent because i can't draw.  Until someone asked me if I thought my music (I play the flute) was art.  it was an epiphany for my young mind to realize that art comes in many forms: Music, drawing, dancing, writing, sculpting, crocheting, cooking (yes, I believe this can be an art), scrapbooking, photography.  I believe everyone has an artistic talent.

My husband is a musician, my daughters draw beautifully and I love to write.  We (all of us) also love photography and I love scrapbooking.  My oldest daughter asked me if she can start scrapping with me this summer.  Of course, my reply is YES!

I want my children to embrace their art - along with their Dad and I.  I'm teaching myself to crochet and loving it.  My husband makes music everyday.  I encourage everyone else to embrace what is artistic about them and in their lives.

Please join me and share the art in your life with me and others!

No comments: