Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One A Day - Tuesday's Tallies

One A Day is hosted by Carole at Gingerbread Girl and on Ravelry.

So, I didn't have a very good week craft-wise.  Technically, I did crochet.  And while I was enjoying the progress I was making on my daughter's afghans - I have hit a definite road block.  I started sewing the blocks together and really, really dislike the outcome.  I first single crocheted a strip of blocks and about cried.  I really don't like the seam created by single crocheting them together.  So, I ripped that out and slip stitched them together - better, but still not loving it.  So, I once again ripped the blocks apart and whip stitched them together.  And while I do prefer the way this looks - I was thoroughly frustrated by this point.  I had to put it all aside.  Now I'm not sure what to do and am completely stalled on the project.  I want my daughters to have the afghans they asked for but I also want to like them.  Is that weird? I'm hoping that a few days away from the afghans will make me feel better about them.  I really want to have them done by Christmas, though.  Big sigh.

Please tell me this has happened to someone else.  If it has - does a little break from whatever is annoying you help?

In the spirit of sticking with One a Day - I have been making more hexagons.  I'm going to start turning these into Christmas gifts for other family members, as well.  I just haven't decided what exactly everyone is getting yet.